Friday, August 15, 2008

Feet Don't Fail Me Now!

Karate Update:  OK, this is the first sport I have ever participated in that does not require shoes, and consequently, my feet are KILLING me!  No lie, it is worse than marathon feet.   I am hoping it gets better, because there is not time when you are not on your feet.  We have attended three classes per week for the last two weeks.  I am going to stretch it to four this week by going Saturday.  I want to improve enough that I can feel somewhat comfortable in an adult class.   So far I have only been with the juniors and other beginners.  Yes, they can kick my ass, even the 8 year olds.
I am currently working on my first Kata, Heian Shodan.   When I master that, I will be able to test for the first colored belt, which for me should be orange.  
I may actually be able to do the splits at some point, and that would be a milestone.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

WORSE than marathon feet?!?! I'll stick to marathoning then. ;)