Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Finally, a new blog!

Blogs are only as good as the blogger, so I am not doing well!  It has been over one month.  I have two weeks left to practice for my karate test.  I was hoping to try for an orange, but it looks like I will only be able to test for one belt this time.   

Big news:  NEW DOG!  My first and last attempt at fostering a dog ended in our adopting a 1+ year old German Shepherd dog which we have renamed Gretchen.  I wanted to name her Gretta, but no one else liked that one.  I guess they are too young to remember Garbo.  So, we won't be fostering anymore, because it is just too hard to let go of a great dog.  

Love working with the German Shepherd Rescue of Orange County!  Check out their website for all the great things they do for dogs.  I plan to become a volunteer at Saturday events as soon as I get a free Saturday!  

ST. JUSTIN FESTIVAL IS THIS WEEKEND:  OCTOBER 24-26!    I hope to see the one person whom I know might read this blog there this weekend!  I will be working the beer booth on Sunday night and the Info Booth on Friday night.  Whoohoo!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Ha! ;) I meant to go to that but I was so exhausted from Friday's service and after activities and well, you know the rest... I didn't recover until late Sunday night!

I still laugh that you couldn't let the dog go! So funny!

Thanks for coming back. I missed you. :)