Thursday, November 6, 2008

My Indian name is Yellow Belt

After much practice, many mistakes, and a great deal of uncoordination, I have achieved the rank of yellow belt in karate.  Thank you, thank you very much.  After the testing, I realized I should have tested for the orange belt as well, but since each cost $50, I saved myself some money.   I wish there were some other adults in the class.  I was one of the only students not being videotaped for posterity!  Hannah passed her test as well, so we move on to the next challenge:  a new set of basic moves and a new kata.  

IN OTHER NEWS...

The election is over, and thanks be to God!  Is it me or did this election seem to last forever.   I hope President Elect Obama can fulfill all the promises of his campaign and lead us on a path to improved economic success and national security.