Thursday, August 5, 2010
East Coast Experiences
We have returned from our Summer Vacation, 2010! It has been over a year since I wrote in this blog, and although I only have one follower (Tracy), I shall endeavor to be a better writer. We traveled from LA to Baltimore, drove to National Harbor which is south of Washington D.C. just below the bridge that takes you over the Patomac to Alexandria. We went there one night to take a "Ghost and Graveyard Tour" through the streets of the colonial style city. I guess it is actually colonial, not just in the style since many of the buildings are original. During our tour we witnessed first hand a wild police chase through the city, which zoomed past us (within about 20 feet actually!) before ending at City Hall, a few blocks away. Our guide continued on through the noise of sirens and helicopter which circled overhead. I felt like we were back in the LA area! I don't know how people live in the humidity they have there, it is oppressive. Loved the blue crab dinner we had in Arlington, and it was great to see Mount Vernon again. Glad that the Washingtons finally installed A/C!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That's right, what-what?!
I love that you had ONE post in all of 2009! ;) Hilarious. <3 Miss you.
Post a Comment